Tip : How to fill large Interior holes (Walls or Ceilings)
Provided courtesy of Ronseal
If you’ve had problems with filler sinking or sagging in the middle when you’re trying to repair larger holes, don’t worry, it’s nothing you’re doing wrong.
Most household fillers will only work up to a depth of 10mm. Ronseal’s Big Hole Filler can be used in holes up to 50mm deep without cracking or sinking, plus you can screw directly into the filler, once dry.
To cover up large, unsightly holes follow this step-by-step guide:
- Ensure surface and cracks are clean, dry and free from dust, grease and other contamination. Touch in nails and screw heads with a solvent based paint.
- Pack the filler well into the area of repair, ensuring it is level with the surface being filled.
- For deeper repairs, above 50mm, build the filler up in layers ensuring it has dried between applications.
- Smooth over filler with the Ronseal applicator or a wet knife prior to drying.
- If necessary, sand to a smooth finish once dried hard.
For even larger repairs try Ronseal’s Quick Drying Expanding Foam Filler, ready to decorate in just one hour it’s easy to use, can fill any size hole and finished off with one of our Smooth Finish range will leave a great for filling large holes.
If you’re confused over which filler is right for your job why not take a look at our video to help you.
- Celebrating Christmas Jumper Day! (18/12/2015)
We\’re getting into the Christmas spirit and celebrating Christmas Jumper Day to raise money for charity.
- Ryans Locomotive Celebrating the New Mills Carnival (13/06/2015)
We\’ve won the New Mills Carnival Window Competition! Come and see our \”Recycling Train\” made entirely from saleable stock here at Ryans Mica.
- Easter Kids Colouring Competition (03/04/2015)
Our easter colouring competition is now running and entries are already coming in! The first 30 completed entry’s will receive a free packet of Sunflower seeds from Mr Fothergills Seeds.
- Michelle raises ’1122 for local hospice (16/01/2013)
Michelle has raised £1122 for a local hospice taking part in Tough Mudder.
- Happy Birthday Ryans (09/01/2013)
Happy Birthday to Ryans Mica.